8.18.2013

THE WEEKEND REVIEW, BLOGGING REMOTELY AND THOUGHTS ON MOVING





















As most of you know, we recently lost our second Mac book.  It was a great loss (boo hoo hoo) and
comes at a time when soon we will be transferring the majority of our financial assets into the home we are to purchase, hence when the funds will take a quick dive.  The Papa and I have taken to really enjoying our evenings watching Netflix on our two mini computers (our Iphones).  It is quite pathetic and yes...we have become those people whom I detest.  You know the ones who got out to dinner and instead of talking to each other are busy working on their phones instead.  Okay, we really haven't gone that far yet, but we may be teetering on the brink of relationship disaster.  (Insert dramatic tone here).  Okay, exaggeration.  We are rock solid.  But I need my computer!!  You see.  Working on a computer for me has so many benefits which I enjoy.  It allows me to type my crazy thoughts really fast.  Hence, I can complete my reflection time quickly.  And having three babes, an impending move to worry about and maintaining my sanity, it really helps.  I also love my computer for it allows me to research potential homeschooling resources for the girls and possible future schools for me (thinking about heading back to school ;).  It also allows me to do my art.  I love portraiture and I require a screen to serve as reference when people send me images.  We don't have a working printer so drawing from the computer is what suffices at present.  I hope on working on art more than ever once we move.

The Papa and I will be getting a computer.  We have decided that we want a Mac desktop deally-oh.  It will serve some amazing functions that will benefit my blogging, my art and our family.  Having it at a stationary place allows us to go to it rather than us carry it around with us.  We will have to think about what we will be using it for instead of searching mindlessly and aimlessly.  The large screen will allow me to see my artwork and work on my art better.  Blogging at a desk will be amazing for my posture, which will make my good ol' friend Christine proud.  So not sure when it will happen.  But it is happening. There is also a store in Ottawa that can take our murdered computers and we can use the parts to put towards a new computer.  So maybe we will in fact save some money;)

In the meantime, I have taken to blogging here at my fave place in the entire world, next to any space my family occupies.  I must sign up for a computer in an hour time slot.  It is the perfect getaway.  I can write in peace and comfortably.  Mind you I need to make it to the library and find an open computer.  But we live in a small town so it isn't that hard.  The downside, I can't upload any of my pics to the posts.  So for the next little while, I will use my Blog on the Go App and upload some instagram photos to that.

At present the Papa is with the Babes watching boat races so I will leave you with some thoughts:

image courtesy of kellimurray.com/blog

Reading.  The Eldest Babe is being tutored at the library.  She goes each day for two weeks.  We decided it would be great for her to have some different teachers before going in a year to an earth school whilst being homeschooled.  She absolutely loves it.  Although, hesitant at first, she is dying to go each day.  The Biggest Little Babe loves it as well.  They both have a different experience and tell each other about it.

Eating.  Vegan baby!  I am so committed to veganism this time around.  I think it may have helped that instagram has a lot of vegans taking photos of amazing food and the fact that I have been working out a lot and respecting my body.

Thinking about.  The impending move.  My art.  Getting in shape.  The end of summer.  Educating the babes.  The Littlest's first birthday coming up.  I've got a lot in this little old brain of mine.

Dreaming about.  Decorating this new space that will be mine.  I definitely have been pinteresting for a while about Our Future Home.  I think we are going to settle first, but I really want white walls everywhere.  I would prefer I rustic and whimsical theme.  I would love my house to look like Kelli Murray's.  Let's see!

Loving. Kelli Murray's new blog.  She is my style icon (I think she may be for a lot of us).  She has changed the blog up and I love it.  Being at the library is actually the first time I get to view it in full because I could only view it on my phone.  It is amazing.  Her style is what I would love our new house to look like.

Understanding.  My style finally.  I am nerdy and love black.  I am not vintage amazing.   I am Gwen Stefani.  I am always drawn to the black and the nerdy.  The California beanie style gets me.

Until the next post!!!

The above image is of Moorea Seal's new shop items.  Isn't it the perfect feel for a new house.  I think so!

2 comments:

  1. Ah the library! I have a list of books I need to find there and Abs is going to annex the teen computers and switch out the desktop weekly on them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! I miss you ! I have things for you! When is the big move anyway? I'd love to come up before or after for a day or two to help out/take a load off/goddess time/play with the little ones whatever ! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Message Lovelies...