10.01.2012

Vegan MoFo Day 1: Intro to my Month, Cupcakes








Yes it is upon us again...Vegan Month of Food 2012 Edition.  Vegan MOFO is awesome.  It is a chance to blog about all things deliciously vegan.  The MoFo-ers ask that we do a minimum of 20 posts but I am going to try and do one everyday, maybe more.  I know. I KNOW!!!  This Mama just had a baby 2 weeks ago, the Papa started a new career and the Eldest Babes are amazingly exuberant and requiring a lot of stimulation.  Not to mention I will be incorporating a little homeschooling into the mix.  Well, Vegan Mofo is awesome.  The month of October propels me:  changing leaves, changing lives, changing body, changing babes.

This year I decided to go simple with a theme.  I will be making 31 varieties of cupcakes over the month.  My goal is to bake a cupcake each day but realizing that some days may be a bit of a write off with the amount of responsibility in the mess, I may not get to it.  So some days I may not bake at all but others I may bake 4 varieties.  We'll see.  31 Cupcakes are promised however.

Here is a tentative list of the cupcakes I would love to complete (they are all courtesy of the amazing Isa Chandra - the vegan Goddess that I wish to meet desperately...last year I won a signed copy of her book Vegan Pie in the Sky):

  1. Golden Vanilla Cupcakes
  2. Your Basic Chocolate Cupcake
  3. Carrot Cake Cupcakes
  4. Gingerbread Cupcakes
  5. Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes
  6. Peanut Butter
  7. Chocolate Cherry Creme 
  8. Brooklyn vs. Boston Cream Pie Cakes
  9. Maple Cupcakes
  10. Pineapple Right-Side Up
  11. Chocolate Mint
  12. Smores
  13. Brooklyn Brownie
  14. Banana Split 
  15. Toasted Coconut 
  16. Dulce Sin Leche
  17. Lemon Macadamia
  18. Green Tea with Green Tea Glaze & Almond Flowers
  19. Mexican Hot Chocolate
  20. Coconut Lime
  21. Chai Latte
  22. Pistachio Rosewater (DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ROSEWATER?)
  23. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip
  24. Apple Cider 
  25. Mucho Margarita
  26. Blueberry Lemon Creme
  27. Cappuccino
  28. Sexy Low-Fat Vanilla
  29. Peanut Butter Bombes
  30. Peanut Butter Chocolate Heavencakes
  31. Simple Vanilla and Agave Nectar
Let the Vegan Yummy Games Begin!!!

My Grocery List for Tomorrow:

Cupcake Liners
Icing Sugar
Canola Oil
Soygurt
Walnuts
Raisins
Carrots
Lemon Zest
Vegan Shortening (Earth Balance of course!)
Vegan Buttery Spread
Chocolate Chips

6 comments:

  1. Happy MoFo, and congrats on your new baby! 31 types of cupcakes is a great idea.

    Do you live near any middle eastern or Indian grocery stores? They are good places for rosewater. I've seen it at like Whole Foods too but it's probably way more expensive at that sort of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy MoFo to you as well. We live in a small town in Ontario where lentils are considered an ethnic food. I could get into the city with my hubby but I guess I should call ahead before a venture into the city with three babes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can buy rosewater at the pharmacy. Or order online. PS I hace made all these cupcakes and my favs are pumpkin chocolate chip and mexican hot chocolate! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I made pumpkin chocolate chip for my wedding. I'm not the best cupcake maker so this will definitely be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy MoFo! Looking forward to seeing what you create :) We're a homeschooling geek family, although I'm the only vegan. FOR NOW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love homeschoolers, geeks, mamas and vegans! Thanks for leaving a note.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Message Lovelies...