8.04.2012

GOOD.IS August Back to School Challenge: Days 1 & 2

























I'm not sure which homepage people have but for a while there the Papa and I were opening our internet to the news, never happy or awe-inspiring in a positive way.  Just plain dreadful descriptions about the world we live in and the people who inhabit it.  It was weighing on this Mama who definitely tries to show the most positive of things in people and the world to her Babes.

So I found a social media platform that both celebrated and encouraged GOOD.  What a difference it makes!!

I will leave my readers to explore GOOD.IS for themselves but this month I subscribed to the August Month of Learning.  Each day you are emailed new things to try.  I am a total nerd and love learning new things so I jumped on board to the interesting project.

DAY 1:  Start a New Book


Not too difficult considering the Babes and I spend at least 3 days a week at our local library.  For this challenge I will be starting Your Brain on Nature.  Our world is so amazing and I feel that it strongly influences our beings and mentality.

DAY 2:  Learn to Say Thank You in 10 Languages


In French    =  Merci
In Arabic    =  Shukran
In Spanish  =  Gracias
In German  =  Danke
In Japanese =  Arigato
In Portugese = Obrigado
In Russian   =  Spasiba
In Italian      =  Grazie
In Filipino   = Salamat (my niece and nephew are part Filipino)
In Dutch     =  Dank U  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message Lovelies...