7.13.2010

Happy 2nd Birthday my Love!


Dear Charlotte,

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been and until the end of the world there will not be another child like him." Pablo Casals

Today I get to look back on the greatest two years of my life. I can remember vividly the first time I met you. You were so small. You were so fragile. You were so lovely. At once my world changed and a love that I had never experienced was born. I have seen you grow from this little bean, unable to move and needing so much protection and nurturing, to this little independent being who is able to move but sometimes still needing protection and nurturing. When you hurt, I hurt. When you laugh, I laugh. When you experience, I experience. You have breathed a vitality to my life and everyone who meets you feels the same.

This past year has brought a new addition to our family. You have embraced your sister and continue to do so each day, literally. You are concerned when she cries, try to ease her pain, try to show her the ropes, and what little ropes they are. You are innately compassionate and funny. You are most comfortable showing what a little ham you are to those that are closest to you but still timid and unsure of those that have yet to work themselves into your tight circle.

You analyze and observe but never judge. You know when you are hurt and hate to hurt others.
Each day I get to spend with you is a blessing. I am honoured to be your mother. You have taught me so much about myself and have brought so much positivity to my life. You forever will my love. Not many parents are so lucky as me. I have spent everyday of your life with you. Each moment is cherished, remembered, loved. You are:

- a great harmonica player
- an amazing communicator
- a bookworm
- a nursing baby to your baby doll
- a bath splasher but never on your head
- a band-aid wearing renegade
- a cottage lake jumper
- a Melissa and Doug collector
- a tofu loving vegan
- a garden tool aficionado
- a pat-a-cake lyricist
- a move-on-back instructor
- a sister to Harriet
- a grand daughter to the G-Units
- a cousin to Anthony, Elina, and Eabha
- a niece to John, El, Ashley and Rodel
- a daughter to me and Dada
- a friend to Zari and Hannah

Remember:

Be honest with yourself and others because we will never judge you and love you regardless.
You are amazing, unique and special. Recognize this in yourself and others.
Never allow anyone to hurt you and never be afraid to tell someone if they are. People that love each other do not hurt or hinder each other.
You are my greatest accomplishment.
You are my everything.
You are my present.
You are my future.
You are my love.
You are loved by all.

xoxoxox Mommy on your 2nd Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message Lovelies...